Thursday 10 April 2014

April Newsletter - Sandals Galore!



April has arrived and it has brought the warm weather! Well that's a turn up!! But who's complaining? I have had lots of sandy children in the shop this week trying on sandals - its a real feeling of change! 

We have some super cool summery looks for your kids this month. There are the Boy & Girls Malarky raglan t-shirts (as shown above) Malarky is a street artist and the range is Ltd Ed.

This time last year I was coveting Sun Sandals (for myself not the kids) and then I left it until it was too late, so missed the boat completely (sniff!) 

Still I am over it now, just, and that is because I bought them for the shop, and listen up ladies, I bought them in women's sizes too. It was too tempting. 

I hadn't realised that Sun San Sandals are suitable for wearing in the water ( just air dry them afterwards ) and that they've been going since the 1950's. That does go along way to explaining why I love them though, I can't get enough retro styling. So now I own a pair of lovely patent yellow Sun Sans (shown here) plus my HasBeens from last year, so I'm set up for the sun!!

"What about the boys???" I hear you holler! Well it just so happens that we
have been on the hunt to find something a bit different for boys, and i'll tell you what, it's not easy to find! That said, I think we've managed some super finds! 


Livie and Luca have got Steggie Sandals in red which have a little dinosaur 'spikes' running down the back for the dino fanatic in your household! 


They also have a style called 'Phillips' which have a screw head details ( it does look a bit tempting to come at them with a flat head screwdriver though). 

Both style are in super soft leather and are 'barefoot' so best for developing feet!




We also managed to get our grubby paws on Sun Sandals for boys, who knew? 

They are called Shark, they cover the toes to prevent scrapes and come in navy or chocolate brown, again they are suitable for water and have a really flexible polyurethane base to take a bit of punishment!

On top of all this lovely choice we are stocking Bobux Classic sandals again this year in navy, lipstick pink (which is a surprisingly nice darker pink - not a 'Barbie pink' in sight! ) and red, with a dark grey rocket sandal ( open toed ) as another option. 

The pre-walkers by Bobux are also in and they all have covered toes but enough ventilation to keep cool the sweatiest of feet! ( thank goodness! )

Finally for the older kids we found Hummel sandals. 





Those makers of all things hi-top, have released some waterproof trekking style trainers in grey and blue. They can get wet too and are fully adjustable so you can get a really good fit from them.


For the sporty older kids these will be just perfect.

We have many more styles on line and in store but this just give you a a taster of the wider choice we have.

I always find it a chore to find sandals for my own kids, and this year they have all asked me for the Sun Sandals - which was a surprise but one that I am happy with as now we can all have the same shoes ( is that wrong?? )

Let's just hope we have a long hot summer now to justify all these lovely sandals!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog ,thanks for sharing amazing blog of the Childrens Boutique and i read this blog and blog provide the good information and i have to bookmark this blog for the future use.

    Childrens Boutique

    ReplyDelete