Friday 2 March 2012

Hi-Tops!!

Pippo hi-tops
Ok now I know I said I wouldn't write about stuff we stock in the shop because it's boring, however I can't help a little mention when it comes to hi-tops and rules are made to be broken!




Is it me or have you noticed that hi-tops are all over the press at the moment? I noticed a double page spread in Style Magazine et al! 




Now, I am a woman who lives to be comfortable so I have been personally working the hi-top look since the 80's - remember Nike Air Jordans? Anyone??? So it's nice to see that the hi-tops I booked for the shop have come in on-trend - and they are particularly lovely leather shoes in funky colourways for the kids - so I felt all proud of myself **pat on the back**




The Flash Converse
Anyway, so my nanny comes to work in Ltd Ed Batman Converse hi-tops which I immediately start to covert. So she tells me that they do a Flash design - so I duly go online to hunt them down. So after many hours trawling the interweb for The Flash Ltd Ed Converse hi-tops I finally find a stockist in Kansas who have a pair roughly in my size (i.e. too small probably) so just in case I order 2 styles - Superman and The Flash come to momma!!



Jnr Batman Converse
So that weekend I take the family to Westfield **making vampire repelling cross with my fingers** and go to Schuch where upon I find Gorillaz have released Ltd Ed Converse too, those sneaky deakies - so the long and short of it, my 7 year old ends up with Air Jordans (who knew I'd be able to buy her the same trainers I had at school?) and Ltd Edition Batman Converse Jnrs, my 3 year old has smart pink and grey leather hi-tops from Pippo, I am now the proud owner of cartoon camouflage Gorillaz and I also persuaded my sister-in-law (who is old enough to know better) to buy cartoon Gorillaz Converse too! 
Gorillaz Ltd Ed Converse




Don't you just hate it when a trend you needed no persuading to buy into, comes around so it make you really impulsive when out shopping because the powers that be are telling you it's fashionable!?




I think I might have a lie-down now. Lets just hope the airmail from Kansas isn't delayed! Oh and if anyone finds The Flash Converse in womens size 39 email me????

No comments:

Post a Comment